Published: Friday, 26 April 2013 19:54
Written by Beryl Jones
(The evils of password sharing)
1. Know who your customers really are.
2. Allow key users more authority.
3. Speak with authority about who placed an order.
4. Hold individuals responsible for their actions.
5. Lock out partner employees when terminated.
6. Sell to individual employee classes.
7. Thank the individual who makes a comment.
Password sharing reduces your knowledge about your customer. Individual employees drive your sales, pay attention to those people who help further your cause. Communicate personally to drive more business.
The Nauvou partner portal, pushes responsibility and the authority to grant individuals the right to access your partner portal to the lead person at your partner’s business. You can of course revoke access to anyone, but it’s nice to put the authority in the proper place.